The stairs of knowledge lead to the light. A curious girl in a dark world tries to reach it, but must face those for whom light is an obstacle.
"Stairs to No End” is a children's tale for adults, about the freedom to ask questions and the rejection of dogmatic thought.
The film was inspired by Ayaan Hirsi Ali's book “Infidel” and Richard Dawkins's book “The God Delusion” and tells the story of many women around the world who chose to stand alone, think for themselves and paid a price for asking unwanted questions.
(7 min, Narrative short)
Screenplay: Daniella Koffler
Directed by: Daniella Koffler
Music & sound by: Eitan Shefer
Produced by: Daniella Koffler and The Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design
Awards & Prizes:
- VIMEO STAFF PICK
- Jerusalem international film festival, 2012
- Zinebi international festival of documentary and short films, Bilbao 2011
- Seattle 7th Annual Children Film Festival, 2012
- REDCAT International Children Film in Los Angeles,2012
- Berlin interfilm, Berlin 2012.
- Tricky Women festival 2012, Vienna.
- Monstra animation festival, Lisbon 2012.
- FilmFest Dresden, Germany, 2012.
- Femina film festival, Brazil, 2012.
- "Imagine" science film festival, Dublin, 2012.
- Animation Block Party, 2012.
- Nikozi Animation Filmfestival, Georgia, 2012.
- Anima mundi, 2012.
- "Imagine" science film festival, New York, 2012
- Cortoons festival, 2012.
- Citizen Jane, USA, 2013
- Zebra poetry film festival, Berlin 2014.